Why I Write



There are a lot of changes happening at my school this year. Many of them I knew were coming, but I still didn’t mentally prepare myself for them. I’ve been struggling to figure healthy and productive ways to deal with all the changes, but my strategies haven’t worked out so well. As it turns out, hiding in a room alone and crying doesn’t do much but make your eyes puffy.

When I read this journal entry again (my very first journal write from the Summer Institute), I remembered that I should write about everything that’s going on. Writing will help me think through all the changes and perhaps help me figure out why they’re bothering me so much/what I can do about it. Seems silly that I could forget about something so simple, but school has been so overwhelming and time-consuming that this concept of journaling and writing as therapy just slipped my mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing the Personal Statement